Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Tue Nov 18 14:25:50 PST 2003

At 03:51 PM 11/18/2003, eddy (btconnect) wrote:

>     Could you please tell me how i know if PHP4 is installed and
> configured correctly on my web server. The reason why i ask is that i
> have my own web server and the guy that set the server up has just
> updated the Freebsd o/s (4.8) and he assures me that i can now use PHP4
> scripts, but when i run a basic php test script nothing happens. Apache
> is installed along with linux if that helps.

Edward, if you can't run the test script that comes with the installation
that's a bad sign. Try it again and then

#tail /var/log/httpd-error.log

and post the o/p to the list. Also httpd.conf must be configured to run PHP
scripts and Apache restarted after editing that file.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site