JavaNNS installation issues under FreeBSD

Carl Mascott cmascott at att.net
Tue Nov 18 11:25:09 PST 2003

That's the problem.  You are asking a FreeBSD executable (the Java
VM) to use a Linux shared library (libSNNS_jkr.so).  This can't
be done.

You need to use a Linux Java VM (from a Linux JDK or JRE) instead.

I have JavaNNS 1.1 running on FreeBSD 4.8-R with linux-sun-jdk13.
If you feel like trying one of the jdk14's, be sure to read the
port pkg-message and pkg-descr files before you decide.