Installation problems-Fatal trap 12 error

Craig Caughlin craigcaughlin at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 07:16:34 PST 2003

Hi folks,
I'm brand new to FreeBSD (but I've worked with Unix and Linux a little). I'm
trying to install FreeBSD, but I constantly get this Fatal Trap 12: page
fault while in kernel mode error. I don't know where to begin to try and
solve this so I can proceed with my install. Suggestions??? Thank you.

My computer is a Dell 600SC Poweredge Server, Promise Ultra disk controller,
Primary HD: WD 160 GB, Secondary HD Hitachi 40Gb, 512 Mb RAM.

Thank you,
Craig