staring sendonly sendmail

Ruben de Groot mail25 at bzerk.org
Tue Nov 18 00:59:36 PST 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 03:29:27AM +0100, Alex de Kruijff typed:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 05:49:51PM -0700, David Bear wrote:
> > I do not want sendmail to receive message.
> >
> > I only want it to act as a local mta/mda and a sending agent.
> >
> > I have sendmail_enable="no" in rc.conf, but can quite seem to locate
> > what else I need to start it as mentioned above.  I googled "freebsd
> > sendmail local delivery" but got way too many hits.
>
> Sendmail is setup so that it by default only allows mails to send from
> the local host. By setting the sendmail_enable to no you have disabled
> this.

Correction, this IS the default:

ruben at ei:/home/ruben> grep sendmail_enable /etc/defaults/rc.conf
sendmail_enable="NO"    # Run the sendmail inbound daemon (YES/NO).

Setting sendmail_enable to "NONE" is what will disable sending mail from
the local host. The OP has allready configured sendmail the way he wants.

Ruben