staring sendonly sendmail

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Mon Nov 17 18:27:33 PST 2003

David,

> I do not want sendmail to receive message.
>
> I only want it to act as a local mta/mda and a sending agent.
>
> I have sendmail_enable="no" in rc.conf, but can quite seem to locate
> what else I need to start it as mentioned above.  I googled "freebsd
> sendmail local delivery" but got way too many hits.

coincidentally am working on a document about setting up e-mail on a
FreeBSD workstation. Currently, it's in the state of being reviewed, but
it should be quite usable yet. I plan to submit it to the documentation
project in order to make it part of the FreeBSD article collection.

For now, you can find it here:

http://home.leo.org/~barner/freebsd/articles/mailsetup/article.html

If you decide to use this document as guide to set up your mail system,
please give me some feedback.

Simon