FreeBSD-5.1 on Thinkpad 600 - cbb0 problems

Marc Evans marc at shell.mv.net
Mon Nov 17 12:44:52 PST 2003

Hi -

I have made some progress on my own with this, but not complete progress.
What I have done is:

	1) build a customer kernel with "make buildkernel KERNCONF=OLDCONF"

	2) create /etc/pccard.conf with one line "irq<TAB>9"

	3) swap the 3CCFE575CT-D for a 3C589C card.

Now then, what are my remaining problems?

	A) If I remove and insert the card after it has been configured,
	   the system hangs forever.

	B) If I kill and start the pccardd process, it is unable to assign
	   an IRQ.

So, with this further information, does anyone have further suggestions?
It would be nice to have the 10/100 (3c575) card work, and I have a
feeling that I should be worried about using IRQ 9.

Thanks in advance - Marc