OpenOffice 1.1.0 Install Problem

Lee Mx lee_ver_mx at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 12:30:35 PST 2003

>From: Barry Skidmore <skidmore at digital-village.net>
>To: FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
>Subject: OpenOffice 1.1.0 Install Problem
>Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:10:58 -0500
>
>I am installing OpenOffice 1.1.0 on a system on which I just did a fresh
>install of FreeBSD-4.9-RELEASE-i386.
>
>I am at the point where JDK is being installed, which requires that
>LINPROCFS be mounted, because it needs Linux emulation, which I
>installed from the ports and have enabled in rc.conf.
Did you actually mount it?

# mount
/dev/ad0s1a on / (ufs, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
/dev/ad0s1g on /backup (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s1e on /release (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s1d on /usr (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s1h on /usr/local (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s1f on /var (ufs, local, soft-updates)
procfs on /proc (procfs, local)
linprocfs on /usr/compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)
You should see the above line.  IIRC, you will get the
error that you mention below if you haven't.

Good luck,

ed