freebsd-questions@freebsd.org <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Nov 16 02:56:05 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 10:40:25AM +0000, chrismo at comcast.net wrote:
> I has a G3 iMac that has broken CD-Rom drive, can it be reformated comppletely from the web?

Not using FreeBSD it can't.  FreeBSD on PPC processors is under
development, but by no means ready for anyone to actually use yet.

You might have more luck over with our fiends at NetBSD, who do have
PPC ports available.  Don't know about installing over the 'net -- you
might have more luck by trying to find a way to replace your broken
brive with a cheap off-the-shelf alternative.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way