Problems Installing Printer with CUPS

Barry Skidmore skidmore at digital-village.net
Sat Nov 15 17:56:26 PST 2003

I am using FreeBSD-4.9-RELEASE on an i386 machine with cups-1.1.19.

I have tried to add a networked HP JetDirect LaserJet printer using both
the cups web interface, and using "gnome-cups-manager" from the ports
collection.  In both cases, when I reach the final step in adding the
printer I receive an "Internal Server Error" message, and the printer is
not added.

In doing a Google search, I have found that many others have reported
this same error, but so far I have not found a solution.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry