JavaNNS installation issues under FreeBSD

Márcio Conceição Goulart goulartpel at terra.com.br
Fri Nov 14 15:28:57 PST 2003

Hi everybody,
I'm getting problems to install the JavaNNS 1.1 in FreeBSD 4.9.
I tried to install via ports and the package JavaNNS-LinuxIntel.tar.gz
but with both i get the same error, that they could'nt find the
libSNNS_jkr.so.
It asks the path to put the library(/usr/home/marcio/jnns) and the
library is created in the directory, but JavaNNS can't still find the
library file. Does anyone can help me with some idea?

Below are the output:
bash-2.05b$ pwd
/usr/home/marcio/jnns

bash-2.05b$ ls
JavaNNS.jar     libSNNS_jkr.so

bash-2.05b$ javavm -jar JavaNNS.jar
Font specified in font.properties not found
[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-

p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
[...]

java.lang.Exception: The system couldn´t find the library SNNS_jkr
JavaNNS couldn´t start.
        at javanns.Network.<init>(Network.java:48)
        at javanns.Snns.<init>(Snns.java:151)
        at javanns.Snns.appletMain(Snns.java:278)
        at javanns.Snns.main(Snns.java:258)
*** If I do: javavm -Djava.library.file=/usr/home/marcio/jnns -jar
JavaNNS.jar I get the same error as well.
*** even if i login with "root" the problems are the same.
bash-2.05b$ uname -a
FreeBSD pluto.pyrolabs.org 4.9-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE #0: Mon Nov
10 18:01:16 BRST 2003
root at pluto.pyrolabs.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PLUTO  i386

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english,
Márcio Conceição Goulart.