video guru needed - installing driver for ATI 3D Rage IIC AGP

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Thu Nov 13 08:26:04 PST 2003

Hi,
I've done as much research as I can on this, I need to enable xv support for
my video card, so that I can play videos full-screen in Kmplayer.
If I'm going about this wrong, let me know.

According to the XFree86 log,
It seems the place to go is http://gatos.sf.net
I've been there, and downloaded the ATI-4.3.0-10.i386.tar.gz drivers.
These seem to be the ati drivers for XF86 4.3.0.
I've expanded them inside Konqueror to see if there is a README, and there
isn't.

Before I totally screw up my display, I was wondering....
Has anyone successfully installed these drivers for the same card that I have?
ATI 3D Rage IIC AGP (8 mb ram)
Do they work?
How must they be installed?
Is there any documentation online?