How to find our what version of ports your running?

Paul Hamilton paul at bdug.org.au
Thu Nov 13 05:50:13 PST 2003

Hmmm...

Thanks for that Lowell.  Yes I knew about the pkg_version cmd.  I was just
hoping that I had  missed a command or file that explain it all.

I started digging around, and found that the /usr/ports/LEGAL file has the
following:

# $FreeBSD: ports/LEGAL,v 1.274 2003/02/19 04:24:53 marcus Exp $

as one of the headers, so I guess, that is a rough indication of when it was
compiled.  Perhaps it might even roughly tie in with the FTP site iso....
Hmmm, just checked, and they only show 4.8 as the oldest: April 2003
So I guess, that ports version came with 4.7.

Anyway, thanks everyone.

Cheers,

Paul Hamilton