deleted ports

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Wed Nov 12 23:32:11 PST 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:16:50AM +0100, Lutz Kittler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a problem with the Mesa3-Port. Someone told me
> that the port has moved to libglut.
> The problem was, that /usr/ports/graphics/Mesa3 was
> not deleted and the only in this directory was README.html.
> When I deleted the file and the mesa-directory libglut was
> installed and everything was okay.
>
> So I have 2 questions:
> 1. Why the mesa-port dir wasnt deleted ?

Because you had created the README.html file in that directory.
(You have probably issued a 'make readmes' at some point in the past.)
cvsup does not delete non-empty directories.

> 2. Is there anywhere a description of the ports mechanism
>   inclusive meaning of files like MOVED?

The ports(7) man page is a good place to start.  In there you can find
pointers to the rest of the documentation.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se