newbie dns mess w/ nic

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Wed Nov 12 13:21:07 PST 2003

At 03:32 PM 11/12/2003, Steve Bertrand wrote:

>Add the following to your /etc/rc.conf file:
>
>default_router="192.168.0.1"
>
>and then perform the following command to get it online without a reboot:
>
># route add default 192.168.0.1

Steve, I decided to add the line to rc.conf and then shutdown... have done
so many anyhow and didn't want to get stuck whenever I did reboot/shutting
down again not knowing what to do.

Anyway it didn't work on restart, but then when I issued the route add
default cmd dns is working. So I added the line to my /usr/local/etc/rc.d
and on restart everything's copasthetic. Why it didn't do the trick from
rc.conf though...

Thanks,

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site