Newbie: The C / C++ Issue

Lucas Holt luke at foolishgames.com
Tue Nov 11 19:03:07 PST 2003

> You can't learn C++ without learning C first.  So I'd suggest you
> become
> intimiately familiar with C, and then move on to the advanced concepts
> and
> features that C++ provides once you want/need to use them.
>
> --
> Matt Emmerton

Thats not entirely accurate.  Western Michigan University only teaches
C++, and i can tell you that most C topics like pointers and printf
have never come up in class.  C style strings are it, and they didn't
even explain those.  This is a common misconception.

you can go your whole life without
printf
only using
cout << "hello world" << endl;

Lucas Holt
Luke at FoolishGames.com
FoolishGames.com  (Jewel Fan Site)
JustJournal.com (Free blogging)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)