Another Newbie Question: C or C++

Louis LeBlanc freebsd at keyslapper.org
Tue Nov 11 18:59:11 PST 2003

On 11/12/03 01:37 PM, paul van den bergen sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:54 am, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> > Wow, that's a fairly complete list.  Agree completely on the C/C++
> > application/philosophical differences.  The book list missed one very
> > useful C++ book by Josutis, "The C++ Standard" I think.  Don't have it
> > handy.
>
> I agree with all said so far but would add that IMHO, you can't really can't
> go past o'reilly for pretty much any topic on computing... to paraphrase,
> there are plenty of bad computer books but I would guess few of them are
> O'reilly books :-) except maybe UML in a nutshell *shudder*

I guess I've earned a slap to the forhead there.  I have close to a
couple thousand invested in O'Reilly books, so I should have mentioned
them right off.  I have found the nutshell books don't fit my method
of use though.  Most of the cookbooks are very good though.

Louis LeBlanc               leblanc at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute.
But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute -- and it's longer than any
hour.  That's relativity.
    -- Albert Einstein