Example of 'normal' cvsup-ports session ?

Richard Shea freebsdQ0 at richardshea.fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 9 22:56:22 PST 2003

Could you anyone send me the output from a normal (ie succesful)
cvsup-ports session ? I keep getting 'killed' appearing (what I think is)
half-way through and I'm beginning to wonder if that's normal - ie is
that just cvsup's way of saying 'I'm finished - goodbye' ? Here's an
example - does it look normal ? ...

trinidad# cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile
Parsing supfile "ports-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup6.au.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup6.au.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1f
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
 Edit ports/INDEX-5
  Add delta 1.7 2003.04.18.22.05.43 kris
  Add delta 1.8 2003.05.17.12.02.34 kris
  Add delta 1.9 2003.05.31.23.43.49 kris
  Add delta 1.10 2003.06.01.23.49.17 kris
  Add delta 1.11 2003.06.22.12.55.16 kris
  Add delta 1.12 2003.08.04.10.54.02 kris
  Add delta 1.13 2003.08.16.01.56.43 kris
  Add delta 1.14 2003.10.19.07.17.46 kris
Killed
trinidad#

I'll paste cvsup-ports at the bottom of this email in case anyone is kind
enough to comment on that.

thanks

richard.

# $FreeBSD: src/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile,v 1.19.2.8 2002/12/15
15:47:22 lioux Exp $
#
# This file contains all of the "CVSup collections" that make up the
# FreeBSD-current ports collection.
#
# CVSup (CVS Update Protocol) allows you to download the latest CVS
# tree (or any branch of development therefrom) to your system easily
# and efficiently (far more so than with sup, which CVSup is aimed
# at replacing).  If you're running CVSup interactively, and are
# currently using an X display server, you should run CVSup as follows
# to keep your CVS tree up-to-date:
#
#       cvsup ports-supfile
#
# If not running X, or invoking cvsup from a non-interactive script, then
# run it as follows:
#
#       cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile
#
# You may wish to change some of the settings in this file to better
# suit your system:
#
# host=CHANGE_THIS.FreeBSD.org
#               This specifies the server host which will supply the
#               file updates.  You must change it to one of the CVSup
#               mirror sites listed in the FreeBSD Handbook at
#               http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/mirrors.html.
#               You can override this setting on the command line
#               with cvsup's "-h host" option.
#
# base=/usr
#               This specifies the root where CVSup will store
information
#               about the collections you have transferred to your
system.
#               A setting of "/usr" will generate this information in
#               /usr/sup.  Even if you are CVSupping a large number of
#               collections, you will be hard pressed to generate more
than
#               ~1MB of data in this directory.  You can override the
#               "base" setting on the command line with cvsup's "-b base"
#               option.  This directory must exist in order to run CVSup.
#
# prefix=/usr
#               This specifies where to place the requested files.  A
#               setting of "/usr" will place all of the files requested
#               in "/usr/ports" (e.g., "/usr/ports/devel",
"/usr/ports/lang").
#               The prefix directory must exist in order to run CVSup.

# Defaults that apply to all the collections
#
# IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror sites
# listed at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/mirrors.html.
*default host=cvsup6.au.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress

## Ports Collection.
#
# The easiest way to get the ports tree is to use the "ports-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "ports-*"
# collections,
ports-all

# These are the individual collections that make up "ports-all".  If you
# use these, be sure to comment out "ports-all" above.
#
# Be sure to ALWAYS cvsup the ports-base collection if you use any of the
# other individual collections below. ports-base is a mandatory
collection
# for the ports collection, and your ports may not build correctly if it
# is not kept up to date.
#ports-base
#ports-archivers
#ports-astro