ok, i give up; how acroread in mozilla???

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Nov 9 20:41:33 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 08:17:04PM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 10:15:58PM -0500, parv wrote:
> > in message <20031110005623.GE553 at dds.nl>,
> > wrote Alex de Kruijff thusly...

> > > The online FreeBSD handbook has a chapter about brouwsers. I think it
> > > also contains how to do this.
> >
> > Acroread comes up as desired in mozilla 1.5b & netscape navigator
> > 4.8 when...
> >
> >   - in ~/.mailcap i have...
> >
> >       application/pdf; acroread %s
> >

> 	[[ ... ]]
>
> 	Maybe I should reinstall and *hope*.  I'm running
> 	linux-mozilla-devel-1.5RC2.
>
> 	In my ~/.mailcap is::
>
> 	###application/pdf;/usr/local/bin/acroread %s > /dev/null 2>&1
> 	application/pdf;/usr/local/bin/acroread %s
>
> 	The reasn for the full pathname above is that when I
> 	first tried to read a .pdf file, the ERROR was that
> 	l-m-d couldn't find aacroread.

	Sorry for reposting atop my last post, but I just added the
	full pathname to the Helper Applications filetypes window.
	Now, no more errors, but  acroread disappears almost
	instantly once the pdf file is saved to the Cache.  I can
	use acroread to read the pdf file by-hand.  Strange... .

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix