login.conf and accents weirdness

Joan Picanyol i Puig lists-freebsd-questions at biaix.org
Sat Nov 8 08:31:05 PST 2003

* Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb.quenot at caraldi.com> [20031102 16:24]:
> * Joan Picanyol i Puig:
>
> > > It works for me, the accentuated chars show up in xterm...
> > It doesn't for  me, nor in console or under  X. I'm pasting underneath
> > what I see from the console (excerpt from the test file):
> 3) Run the command LC_CTYPE=ca_ES.ISO8859-15 more mail.test
Ok, es_ES works but ca_ES doesn't. I'm on RELENG_4_9, what are you running?
I believe misc/45874 has not been MFC'ed.

I have a _big_ problem now. I upgraded to samba-3.0.0 which defaults to
using UTF-8 instead of doing charset conversion by itself. User profiles
stored in the server don't work because 8-bit characters are not
translated properly. I'm downloading the full cvs repo now in order to
try to make a patch, will this work?

(17:22:18 </usr/src/share>) 0 $ cvs diff -r RELENG_4_9 -r RELENG_5_1
colldef/ mklocale/ monetdef/ msgdef/ numericdef/ syscons/ timedef/
zoneinfo/

tks
--
pica