DELL Poweredge 400 SC NIC

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Sat Nov 8 03:30:36 PST 2003

Hi, I apologise if this is the wrong forum. I have to clone an old HP
x386 freeBSD 4.5 system to a new DELL 400SC machine. I am taking the
opportunity to upgrade to 4.9.

In the setup I see no network devices are configured. There are a bunch
that I could select (eg IBM Etherjet, NE100,....etc), but I don't have
any good idea what to choose.

I used the DELL cd and bios setup. Depending on which source I have
either a legacy NIC w/pex (bios) or an INTEL PRO 1000 MT Gigabit
Ethernet adapter (Setup CD hardware).

I tried the setup kernel and with lsdev I see something called pex, but
am not sure if that's the NIC.

Is there anyone with some good advice on how to proceed? I can always
add one of the various ethernet cards we have lying about if all else
fails.
--
Robin Becker