access extended partition

MPAREDES at telmex.com MPAREDES at telmex.com
Fri Nov 7 08:38:00 PST 2003

Hi Konstantin:

The line you are suggesting is for a first slice in the master
hard disk in the second controller, I only have 1 disk.

If you are familiar with MS, the slice are called partition in
MS, but only 1 primary partition can exist in windows, so the
rest of the disk has to be assigned to a extended partition, and
inside this extended partition, you can create logical units
(like partitions in FreeBSD).

In my case, the entire extended partition is used by D:

maps