cendyne 56k external serial modem?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri Nov 7 07:02:33 PST 2003

Howdy list,

I've been looking for a cheap external v.90 56k
lately so I can go ahead and convert my home
computer to FreeBSD (has a winmodem currently).

I found the cendyne 56k modems all over the internet
for about $20, sometimes even including shipping. I
think Cendyne went out of business or something.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if the cendyne 56k is
indeed a controller based serial modem, or if it's
a nasty serial winmodem, designed to fool the world
into thinking it's controller based.

Has anyone had experience with the cendyne external
56k serial modem?

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,