4.8 on i386

support at solvnet.net support at solvnet.net
Wed Nov 5 13:57:08 PST 2003

   Hi,

   Frustrations were caused by multiple errors. First 4.8 did have a
   booting problem with my specific box that has been remedied in 4.9
   release. Second (installs falling apart was more frustrating) was
   fixed by burning the ISO slooowly. Apparently, the buner was having
   trouble at the same spot everytime I burned an ISO. Lesson learned,
   don't burn important data at high speed, and don't use cheap media.
   Otherwise, new solid burn, new install of 4.9 release and we're good
   to go.

   install note: the Xserver GUI setup failed due to "out of range
   signal" and I had to use the menu. I have I Compaq TFT5000 flat rack
   monitor and an ATI Mach PRO card.