"oracle" shell environment

Vitalis vitalis at numericable.fr
Wed Nov 5 05:09:17 PST 2003

Using http://www.shadowcom.net/freebsd-oracle9i/ how can we deal with
the "oracle" shell environment? I mean, due to the linux compatibility
mode, there is some Oracle stuff under /compat/linux/etc/, but scritpts
and executables expect them to be in /etc. We can modify dbstart et al.,
but is there another solution?

BTW can we (should we) change the default shell of the "oracle" user to
something like /compat/linux/bin/*sh? Or can we (should we) launch a
/compat/linux/bin/*sh at the end of the .profile or .login?

If someone managed to build a good environment for the "oracle" account
(default shell, profile) so that it can run all Oracle executables and
tools without any problem, please post it!