Creating devices under FreeBSD 5.x (was: "/dev/oncore.serial.%d" for Motorola oncore GPS under FREEBSD 5.1)

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Wed Nov 5 04:53:11 PST 2003

> However, /dev gets regenerated after each reboot so losing the soft
> links. Is there a way to stop this?

Coincidentally, I struggled with the same problem only 5 minutes ago.
There is a configuration file /etc/devfs.conf where you can specify
rules that are applied to your devfs.

Btw. When I want to use cdparanoia on -CURRENT, I have to sym-link /dev/cd0
to /dev/cd0c. Is this the right way to go, or should that sub-device be
created automatically?

Simon