mail never gets sent

chip.wiegand at simrad.com chip.wiegand at simrad.com
Tue Nov 4 08:43:05 PST 2003

I just set up a new box with fbsd-5.1 and it appears that the email never
leaves the box, or at least it never arrives at its intended destination.
I have set up previous versions of freebsd and never had a problem sending
mail with out any configuration of sendmail. The machine does connect and
browse the internet. My rc.conf has sendmail_enable=NO. So it should be
able to send, but not receive, which is what I want.I have included the
mail -v messages below. I have tried to send to 4 different addresses,
including the freebsd-test list, no messages show up at any addresses.
Any idea why mail is not being sent?

Thanks
Chip W
Simrad, Inc
--------------------------------------
-bash-2.05b$ mail -v -s test chip.wiegand at simrad.com
testing again.
.
EOT
chip.wiegand at simrad.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay...
220 simradusa.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.9/8.12.9; Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:33:17
-0800 (PST)
>>> EHLO simradusa.com
250-simradusa.com Hello localhost.simrad.com [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet
you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE
250-DSN
250-ETRN
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
250 2.1.0 <autopilots at simradusa.com>... Sender ok
>>> RCPT To:<chip.wiegand at simrad.com>
>>> DATA
250 2.1.5 <chip.wiegand at simrad.com>... Recipient ok
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
250 2.0.0 hA4GXHwG000641 Message accepted for delivery
chip.wiegand at simrad.com... Sent (hA4GXHwG000641 Message accepted for
delivery)
Closing connection to [127.0.0.1]
>>> QUIT
221 2.0.0 simradusa.com closing connection