What support for USB2/Firewire External HDD in 4.8

Martyn Hill m.hill at stjamessengirls.org.uk
Tue Nov 4 06:38:31 PST 2003

Hi

I have been trying to evaluate the support offered under 4.8 for external
USB2/Firewire drives. I've browsed the firewire mailing list archive but am
still left unsure.

In particular, has anyone had experience or knowledge on the Adaptec
"DuoConnect" AUA3020 PCI card (dual USB2 and Firewire) and an Amacom 40GB
EZ2Disk (again, USB2 and Firewire) with FreeBSD? I wouldn't expect to be
unmounting regularly - its really as part of a backup solution.

Apologies if this has been answered before, I have scanned the questions
list but didn't find quite the thing...

TIA
Martyn Hill
Network Administrator