ipfilter on 5.1 CURRENT
on at cs.ait.ac.th
Mon Nov 3 23:11:32 PST 2003
I'd like to run ipfilter on a 5.1 CURRENT box but my problems are many.
1) I discovered that /sys/i386/conf/LINT has disappeared
2) I find no mention of any IPFILETER, ipfilter, ip-filter or
whatsoever option to add to the kernel
3) I guessed that it may have been automatically build in, but when I
try to run ipf, it complains about a missing device, I bet it is
4) The usual way to build devices, MAKEDEV does not exist anymore
5) The documentation about devfs is quite limited (to say the least)
6) mknod refuses to create any device, always returning file not found
So why breaking something that was running fine?
And how to run ipf on 5.1
More information about the freebsd-questions