/dev/sequencer missing

Robin Schoonover end at endif.cjb.net
Mon Nov 3 21:16:34 PST 2003

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:03:33 +0000, Bborie Park <bkpark at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm using the pcm driver and everything related to sound works thus far.
>   But now that I'm trying to use Wine, it prompts me that I do not have
> /dev/sequencer.
>
> I'm running Free 5.1 and have a sblive card, which works great.  ...

Wait a sec...wine on FreeBSD 5.1?  Wasn't wine on 5.1 broken (but fixed in
-CURRENT)?

I haven't gotten wine to work on 5.1 (programs always hung for a bit
before 'generating an exception'), and from looking around on the net, it's
a known problem, and fixed in -CURRENT.

Furthermore, I think it's just winecheck that complains about
/dev/sequencer.  Back when I ran wine on 4.x it never once complained about
a missing /dev/sequencer.

--
Robin Schoonover (aka End)
#