4.8 on i386

tom tom at www.paniert.net
Sun Nov 2 15:27:44 PST 2003

hi,

>  And, last night just for kicks I ran "uname -v" and this showed up
>
>  " FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: thur Apr 3 10:53:38 GMT 2003
>    root at freebsd-stable.sentex.ca: /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC "
>
> According to this I have 4.8 installed. Can I verify this?
>
> Trying to move forward,
> Dan

could be that part of your userland is not in sync with your kernel; i would do
a clean "make world" and "make kernel" so you can be sure of having ALL
upgraded. U can use file to check for which kernel a program is compiled: e.g.
"pop3d: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), for
FreeBSD 4.2, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped" is my late
daemon i used before upgrading.