Okay, who broke sysutils/eject?

Nils Vogels nivo+sender+6075ff at yuckfou.org
Sun Nov 2 14:35:37 PST 2003

Rob wrote:

>Does 'cdcontrol eject' work?

For me it doesn't and I'm stumped as to why :(

kernel config bits:
device          atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)
device          atapicam        # emulate ATAPI devices as SCSI ditto
via CAM
                                # needs CAM to be present (scbus & pass)

boot bits:
acd0: CD-RW <CR-4802TE> at ata1-master PIO3
Waiting 10 seconds for SCSI devices to settle
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1a
cd0 at ata1 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <MITSUMI CR-4802TE 1.3C> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
cd0: 11.000MB/s transfers
cd0: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not present
- tray closed

and cdcontrol eject:

imhotep# cdcontrol eject
cdcontrol: no CD device name specified, defaulting to /dev/cd0c
cdcontrol: no disc in drive /dev/cd0c

Now ... why wouldn't it eject if there is no disc in the drive ? I
really would like to be able to eject an empty drive as well ..

Gr,

Nils.