Updating ports perl from 5.8.0 to 5.8.1

Robin Schoonover end at endif.cjb.net
Sun Nov 2 09:27:05 PST 2003

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 12:14:56 -0500, H.Wade Minter <minter at lunenburg.org>
wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2003, at 12:01 PM, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> >
> > Yes.  "portupgrade -rf perl" is *exactly* what the incantation I would
> > have recommended.
>
> That didn't seem to work.  I ran that on one system, and it only
> upgraded perl, it didn't attempt to do any of the p5-* packages.

You could do: portupgrade -rf perl p5-\*

I'd imagine -r would mean all p5-* packages are included (since they depend
on perl), but obviously that wasn't the case.  If the version of FreeBSD
is 4.x, then that means there is a perl in the base system, and thus all
the p5-* packages probably didn't have perl listed as one of their
dependencies.

--
Robin Schoonover (aka End)
#