Mouse under X

Adam Flaherty adamf at ozonline.com.au
Sun Nov 2 04:34:41 PST 2003

Hello,

I have recently installed FreeBSD 4.8 and am having trouble getting my
PS/2 mouse to work with X11/ Gnome. The mouse works when setting up
moused with /stand/sysinstall and xf86cfg but when gnome loads any
mouse movement translates into the cursor moving to the top right of
the screen. I have tried the various protocols under xf86cfg and
followed the instructions in the FAQ that suggest adding lines to the
config file, and also linking /dev/mouse and /dev/sysmouse. I am at a
loss so any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam Flaherty