NAT and gateway

Doug Poland doug at polands.org
Sat Nov 1 16:42:11 PST 2003

Hello,

I'm running 4.8-STABLE.  I've got a question about NAT and gateway.
Today, I'm running a typical NAT configuration like this...

if0 = public_ip
if1 = private_lan

Everything is working fine, internal clients use if1 and their gateway
and their addresses are translated and sent out on if0.

My question is: can I alias if1 with a public IP and point other
clients (also with public IP) if1 as their gateway?  In this case, I
would want if1 to route to if0 and have their public IPs remain intact.

I'm asking this as a questions because I've just tried it and packets
are not routing from if1 to if0.

Many thanks for your help.

--
Regards,