Problem with non-superuser X logons after moving/expanding /var

Tom Parquette tparquet at twcny.rr.com
Sat May 31 04:07:36 PDT 2003

I installed an additional disk in a machine and expanded the space
allocated to /var.
I run this desktop with XFree86 and GDM.
root can logon without complaints but if a non--superuser tries to
logon, the session fails immediately.
The following appears in .xsession-errors.  I'm concluding I did
something wrong when I moved /var but I'm not sure where to start with this.
TIA for any help.