cvsup collection question

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Fri May 30 15:06:54 PDT 2003

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 11:57:47AM +0100, Tom Stockton wrote:

[...]
> 'ports-all' in my cvsup file, however a note in the documentation says that
>
> "The ports tree does not have any tag associated with it, it is always
> CURRENT."
>
> I dont like the look of this...I'd like to specify the tag RELENG_4_7 but
> this note seems to make that redundant ?

You should always use the latest version of all the ports, as they
usually have all the latest exploit/bug fixes. Using the CURRENT tag
on ports-all is the correct thing to do.

> Also what is the src-all collection ?  How does it differ from ports-all ?

src-all refers to the FreeBSD base sources. ports-all refers to all
3rd party source that can be optionally installed.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>