how to stop resolv.conf from being updated

David Kelly dkelly at HiWAAY.net
Fri May 30 13:35:38 PDT 2003

On Friday 30 May 2003 01:09 pm, Laszlo Vagner wrote:
> I am using DHCP on a cable modem and my
> providers nameserver really sucks
> but changing my resolv.conf repairs
> the lookups for a little while then it gets
> set back to them upon bootup.
>
> how do i make it stay the way i set it.

IMHO all the other suggestions are less good than mine. The
recommendation to chmod /etc/resolv.conf simply does not work.

My suggestion is to create an /etc/dhclient-enter-hooks containing these
3 lines. The advantage is this survives upgrades and mergemaster.

#/bin/sh
make_resolv_conf() {
}

David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at hiwaay.net