secure pop server

Alfonso Romero ibac at prodigy.net.mx
Fri May 30 11:53:17 PDT 2003

You can use imap-uw with SSL only, and if you´re gonna use sendmail as the
MTA, it´s the easiest choice I´ve seen. Just install the cclient port and
the imap-uw port, enable inetd and add the required lines to inetd.conf:

pop3s   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/ipop3d
ipop3d
imaps   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/imapd
imapd

you need a certificate to use SSL, so use 'make cert' at the
/usr/ports/mail/imap-uw directory.

I think that´s all.

Alfonso Romero