RBEM10/100+56k at 32-bit cardBus

Victor Bratsev postmaster at apt-telecom.ru
Fri May 30 00:44:38 PDT 2003

Greetings!

Can anybody help me to solve this -
I've got RBEM10/100+56k PCMCIA card and I can't get it work.
Because my cardBus - it's 32-bit, and driver is 16-bit.
I've got a message at startup pcmcia: 32-bit cardbus is unsupported
and as result if_xe.ko is unloaded with strange fhdjklsah - if I try to
kldload if_xe it says that it can't load module because it is already
loaded, but kldstat says that there is NO if_xe loaded.
FreeBSD is RELEASE-4.7 with custom kernel with device xe included.

I've got little knowledge in PC-internals and haven't got experience in
system programming so if anybody will guide me I should try to solve
this by myself.
And I don't want to change my laptop or pc-card:)

Thanks.
VBratsev at netscape.net
No trees were harmed in the composition of this message, although some
electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
(after Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us)

FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet
- Available for IA32 (Intel x86) and Alpha architectures
- IA64, PowerPC, UltraSPARC, ARM, and S/390 under development
- http://www.freebsd.org