Mysql

Alexander Sendzimir alex at battleface.com
Thu May 29 21:20:50 PDT 2003

Assuming you are installing from ports, you can install MySQL so that
it leaves the current installation untouched. Check the Makefile for
the exact variable name. As others have pointed out, it would be a
great idea to initiate a backup first just in case.

abs

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 08:40  PM, Olivier Nicole wrote:

> I want to remove my mysql installation and re-install from scratch.
> Now the
> problem. I have 6 active databases. How can i make sure that i dont
> loose
> those. And that when i have re-installed, that they work immediatilly
> ??

ALEXANDER SENDZIMIR                    Battleface Consulting
290 Marble Island Road                 802 863 5502
Colchester, Vermont                    info at battleface.com