Using squirrelmail with qmail, relaying problem

Mattias Björk tysken at tysken.un1x.la
Wed May 28 10:07:59 PDT 2003

Hi,

I read the message on how to set up squirrelmail to use it with apache
recently on this list. It works almost fine but I have one problem. I get
this error when I try to send messeges if I have my rcphosts in
/var/qmail/control.

Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed
Server replied: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed
rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

I have tryed this as well: ( Im using tcpserver btw ).

http://www.qmail.org/qmail-manual-html/misc/FAQ.html#5.4.

My /var/qmail/rc does look like this:

#!/bin/sh

# Using splogger to send the log through syslog.
# Using qmail-local to deliver messages to Maildir format by default

case "$1" in
start)
        exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
        qmail-start '|preline maildrop' splogger qmail ./Maildir/ &

# smtp daemon

/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -x/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u 82 -g 81 0 smtp
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 | setuidgid qmaill multilog
t s1000000 n10 /var/log/qmail/qmail-smtpd/ &

# pop3 daemon

/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb 0 pop3
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup tysken.un1x.la /bin/checkpassword /var/qmail
/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1 | setuidgid qmaill multilog t s1000000 n10
/var/log/qmail/qmail-pop3d &

        exit 0
        ;;
stop)

        exec killall -1 qmail-send tcpserver
        ;;

reload)

        exec qmail-tcpok
        exec killall -14 qmail-send
        exec killall -1 qmail-send
        ;;

*)
        echo "Usage: `basename $0` {start|stop|reload}" >&2
        exit 64
        ;;
esac

---------------------EOF-------------------------

My /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb is setup up like this:

192.168.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
:allow

---------------------EOF-------------------------

But I still can't get it to work even if I have rcphosts in place and I
have setup the above hosts for relaying. Am I missing something importent?

I would also like to have everyone that logs in to be allowed to send mail
offcourse, can anybody help me out here with this? Let me know if you want
more information on this bit to be able to help me out.

Its quite futile to let everyone relay messages from my MTA... I know but
that is the only working solution now.

I also run courier-imap to and I get the same problem if I try to send
mail via balsa in FreeBSD or opera in windows if I try to send mail that
are none local, I mean that are not in the tysken.un1x.la domain.

Thanks in advance

Mvh Mattias Björk