how to get it?

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Tue May 27 19:26:23 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 06:28:34PM -0700, SS wrote:
> Can you link me the EXACT files i will need to get freeBSD. Can you
> also instruct me on how to install them...  Thank you in Advance!

If we were to tell you exactly what to do then afterwards the only
things you would be able to do are what we tell you to do.

Start at the top left corner of http://www.FreeBSD.org/ and move down to
where it says "Software". Next item is "Getting FreeBSD". It lists lots
of ways to get FreeBSD, including brick & mortar stores, online stores,
and free FTP sites world wide.

Next item below "Software" is "Documentation". More good stuff there. "For
Newbies" and "FAQ" in particular. Chapter 3 of the FAQ, first item,
"Which file do I download to get FreeBSD?"

David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at hiwaay.net