undefined symbols in kld

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Mon May 26 23:49:36 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 12:13:01PM +0530, Anurag Chaudhary wrote:
> I hav made a kld. but it is not loading saying no such file or directory.
> I traced down the problem and found that symbols usleep, memset, memcpy
> etc. which are part of libc and also declared in /usr/src/include directory.
> someone please tell me how to link in these functions. urgent help is
> required

Well you can't just use libc functions in kernel space -- this is a
basic premise of kernel programming. Some of the standard libc functions
are 'emulated' as you will in the kernel internal static library, sources
of which are found in /usr/src/sys/libkern. Might I suggest you read up
on kernel programming a bit, for example by reading Kirk McKusick's 4.4BSD
Internals book?

--Stijn

--
Remember, kids: "Q" is always followed by "U". You can learn more on the
Internet in the Spelling FAQU.