PACKAGESITE ??/pub/unix/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4.8-release/sysutils/

Vladik Kozin epbox at yandex.ru
Mon May 26 06:35:08 PDT 2003

	What if I'd like the "pkg_add -r" to work exactly the same way as it does by
default but using an alternative url? Now, let say, there is a url:
"ftp://fbsd.local/" with the following directory structure
"/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4.8-release/" (all the 4.8-release packages can
be found in this directory). I'd like to tell "pkg_add -r foopackage" and
have it installed with all its dependencies from the url mentioned above. As
far as I understand the PACKAGESITE var specifies the exact path to the
package, thus if the "/sysutils/foopackage.tgz" depends on
"/rubysomething/foodep.tgz" then the latest won't be retrieved and the
pkg_adding process will fail.
	Probably I need to use the PACKAGEROOT var? But in this case the site I
intend to use is supposed to have some specific "default FreeBSD" structure,
isn't it?
	Any ideas about how to solve the problem?