driver for scsi card

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Sat May 24 21:27:20 PDT 2003

I have an Acard SCSI card, and the only device attached to it is an external
CD-R drive.

I need to load a driver to make it work. Dmesg seems to make this clear:

    bob at pro:~> dmesg | grep -i scsi
    pci0: <mass storage, SCSI> at device 13.0 (no driver attached)

With Linux, to use this drive, I have to load a module, as such:
    modprobe atp870u

I believe that the FBSD equivalent to "modprobe" is "kldload", but
unforunately I can find no module name "atp870u" and I don't know what the
equivalent is. Perhaps there is no module in FBSD that will work? I don't
know how to figure out which FBSD module, if any, will do the job. If there
is no FBSD module, is there any way to get the Linux modules to work in FBSD?

TIA,

Robert