var used space is not right

David Loszewski dave at bsdadmins.net
Sat May 24 07:49:42 PDT 2003

I have a troubling problem that I can't seem to figure out.  For the past week my /var has been keep filling up on me, mostly because I have a 500MB /var partition and it says that 452MB of it is used but only 772K is available.  For one I did a du -sh /var and I'm only taking up 5.9MB in the var directory and I tried adding up space elsewhere to see if the space is going anywhere else but it's still not adding up.  And Even if I have 452MB used, which I don't, I should still have like 48MB left to use.  Ideas on what's going on here?

Please send replies to this address, I'm not sure if I'm still subscribed to this list.

David Loszewski