pkg_create error help

Jim Flowers jflowers at ezo.net
Sat May 24 07:39:02 PDT 2003

I run a number of FreeBSD 4.X servers going back to 4.4.  When I download a
port that wasn't included in the release, it makes and make installs OK until
I get the error below.  Then I rm -r /var/db/pkg/portname to get rid of the
partial record (else it causes reporting problems) and the port works fine.

Is there anything I can do to get around this without updating the OS (these
are production servers)?  Looks like it is just a wrong parameter or a
missing set of quotes wherever pkg_create is called from
(/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk?).

Thanks

Jim

-------------typical error message----------------------------

===>   Registering installation for sarg-1.4.1
pkg_create: only one package name allowed ('analyzer' extraneous)
usage: pkg_create [-YNOhvy] [-P pkgs] [-p prefix] [-f contents] [-i iscript]
                  [-I piscript] [-k dscript] [-K pdscript] [-r rscript]
                  [-t template] [-X excludefile] [-D displayfile]
                  [-m mtreefile] [-o origin] -c comment -d description
                  -f packlist pkg-filename
       pkg_create [-YNhvy] -b pkg-name [pkg-filename]

--
Jim Flowers<jflowers at ezo.net>