Printer compatibility

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Sat May 24 00:15:31 PDT 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003 10:49, Brian Astill wrote:
> There is/was a listing of printers compatible with FBSD?
> Danged if I can find it!  :-(
> Thanks.

Mostly what will work on any of the open unix like systems.
The problem is often just how to set it up. Many will need
ghostscript to translate from the normal postscript format
used for output by most unix applications. The GNU
ghostscript distribution with the stp device caters for high
performance (I believe) on a wider range of printers.

  http://www.linuxprinting.org/
is an excellent starting point.

Malcolm