Background task that polls an IMAP account and move/kill spams to a designated(remote)folder?

Joachim Dagerot freebsd at dagerot.nu
Thu May 22 20:06:20 PDT 2003

I have all my mails on a remote IMAP server. I like having them there,
and have no use at all to bring them down locally.

I have a windows solution called SpamKiller from McAfee that logs into
my IMAP account and checks the inbox. All mails concidered as spam are
then killed. The good part is that when I read my mail from the phone,
palm, web etc I'm never bothered with the spams. Saves downloadtimes.

Is there a equalent solution that I can use on my freeBSD station?
Something that every ten minutes or so goes and filter my remote IMAP
account?