bandwidth utilization

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Thu May 22 08:23:54 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 09:39:21PM -0800, admin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am hosting many different types of services from my server and want to be
> able to understand bandwidth utilization for each service.  Are there any good
> tools out there that I can use for this type of reporting?
There's mrtg:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/
(also in /usr/ports/net/mrtg)

the Multi Router Traffic Graphing utility (but doesn't just measure
router telemetry, can be customized to graph almost anything,
literally).

there's a raft of links here as well:
http://nakula.rvs.uni-bielefeld.de/made/my_project/3rd-party/

(/me runs off to mirror that page in case it disappears :))

Good luck,
Jez